Saturday, November 14, 2009

Homemade Spaghetti-O's

Last night before I made the special dinner for Aaron, I made a special dinner for Gabbie. We try to feed her as little processed food as possible, as a rule, so I'm often trying to find ways to make some of my childhood favorites from scratch. On a whim  yesterday, I Googled "spaghettios recipe," and found this recipe, which, modified for size, was just what I was looking for. Gabbie wasn't crazy about it last night, but I think that was mostly due to her being able to see my giant pile of shredded cheese (intended for cheese grits; delicious, wonderful cheese grits), because she loved the reheated leftovers today.

Homemade Spaghetti-O's
Adapted from Oven Love


1 large can tomato sauce (28 oz or so - the equivalent of 3 cups)
1 1/2 c. water
2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 lb. small pasta shapes (we used pasta stars)
1 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 c. milk
1 Tbsp. butter
salt, to taste

Combine tomato sauce, water, and garlic powder in a large pot. Bring to a boil. When boiling, add the pasta to the pot. Cook, stirring frequently (mostly because the past will stick to the bottom of the pot due to its small size) for about 10 minutes, or until the pasta is soft. Stir in the cheese until melted. Add milk, butter, and salt, and stir to combine. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails