Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Crockpot Pork Roast with Sweet Potatoes

This one is really easy. It took me all of 5 minutes to throw this in the crockpot, and most of that 5 minutes was for peeling the sweet potatoes. You could do this a million ways, I'm sure, but I stuck with incredibly simple, and it turned out perfectly.

Crockpot Pork Roast with Sweet Potatoes

1 pork loin roast (ours was about 3 pounds)
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch thick slices
chili powder
salt & pepper

Place the pork loin in the crockpot. Sprinkle liberally with chili powder, salt, and pepper. Rub in the spices, flip the pork loin and repeat with the other side. Add in sweet potatoes and 1/2 c. water around the sides. Cover and cook on low heat for 8 to 10 hours.

2 comments:

  1. There are few things in life I love as much as pork roast cooked in the Crock pot. This sounds like an awesome variation on my usual -- I love the use of the sweet potatoes!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails