I’m going to admit to you all that I am behind, and so there isn’t really a Monday Meal Planning post for today. Usually I post the previous week’s plan so that I make sure I’m not passing along any recipe duds, but last week itself was a big fat dud and I’m still getting caught up. So, instead, I thought I’d post five recipes that have been sitting on my to-cook list for a while – recipes that look amazing, but that, for some reason, I have yet to prepare. If you decide to try any of them, please tell me how they turn out! And I’ll try to work these into my meal plans sometime soon so that I can let you all know too.
Without further ado:
1. I’ve been wanting to try Nonni’s Tomato Sauce from Food on the Food for a while now. I love homemade sauce, and this one sounds wonderful.
2. Migas (from Simply Recipes) – Sounds like a perfect brinner (breakfast for dinner) recipe!
3. Pollo Fundido – this is so not on my diet right now, but it sounds DELICIOUS!
4. Crockpot Chicken Makhani – Crockpot? Indian? Butter (it’s Indian Butter Chicken)? Sign me up!
5. Crockpot Hickory Smoked Brisket – This just sounds like a cool thing to try. Plus, I love brisket. Now I just need to work on coming up with a house bbq sauce and we’ll be all set!
I’ll be better next week I promise. And, not only that, my recipes are about to get a heck of a lot healthier, because momma is going on a much-needed diet.