Thursday, August 6, 2009

Delicious Links

I’m constantly coming across blogs, articles, and recipes that look amazing, but rarely do anything with them. Since I’m not the only one who would probably enjoy these, I thought I’d share them here!

-I’m dying to try these Pie Lollipops that I first read about over at Not Martha, and then again when the always awesome Bakerella made them. Now if only I had the time…

-Not once do I go over to Tastespotting and come away without being either inspired or very hungry. This morning was no exception. These Jalapeno Cheddar Turkey Burgers look amazing, not to mention they would be a great way to use up some of the many jalapeno peppers currently residing in my kitchen.

-Between my parents, grandparents, and the CSA, I have so many vegetables I don’t know what to do with them. As I mentioned the other day, part of my bounty is cucumbers. Lots and lots of cucumbers. Last night I made Mark Bittman’s Kosher Pickles the Right Way, but I have no idea how they turned out yet, other than the fact they made my kitchen smell like garlic and dill. Next time I might try something like this recipe for freezer pickles, since they’ll last much longer than the pickles I made last night. Then I’m going to take a page from Deb’s book and start pickling any other vegetables that will stand up to it. It’s going to be a pickled August in our house!

-Finally, Gabbie has a deep and abiding love for frozen desserts. She’s not picky; she’ll eat ice cream, popsicles, and even frozen pieces of fruit, but she wants something every night. So, I figure it’s up to me to make it at least slightly healthy. I’ve been seeing recipes for yogurt popsicles (like these, for example) everywhere, and am thinking since I have quarts upon quarts of berries that need to be used, and quick, that it’s time to buy a popsicle mold and get to freezing. Man, is there anything better than all the fresh produce available this time of year?

-Other fun links:

*I can’t wait home and get to my DVR to see how the chefs on Top Chef Masters handled this! (Episode recap, that I’m not reading even though I love spoilers, here.)

*Cookie Scandal! I, too, tasted the Tagalong “knock-off” at Blogher, and it really did taste just like the real thing.

*Go Michigan! Seriously, though, Traverse City is one of my favorite places in the world, even before the food started to get so amazing. I can’t wait to get back up there – I mean, I do have a 5 year anniversary coming up!

*We went here for breakfast last Sunday, and it was so delicious I’ve been day-dreaming about it ever since. Eggs Benedict FTW! Their hollandaise sauce is made of magic, I swear.

1 comment:

  1. Man, those ARE some delicious links! I am officially starving now, and I just had lunch. Here's something else you may be interested in making to feed Gabbie's frozen treat habit: http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/07/kids-week-frozen-pudding-pops.html
    I've been wanting to make them for Andrew for a long time!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails