Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Chili-Lime Salmon with Southwestern Black Bean Salad

Man, oh, man is this poor website neglected lately. Between being sick, daycare emergencies, and trying to find a darned pair of sandals in August, I’ve been keeping myself pretty busy and out of the kitchen. I swear I’m going back in there soon though. All of those CSA vegetables won’t cook themselves, so someone has to get on in there!

This recipe, however, has nothing to do with any CSA vegetables, but it is pretty darn delicious. I’ve been trying to eat much healthier lately (which has been working oh-so-well, especially since the scale was up this morning at my doctor’s appointment – darn!), and have been mostly succeeding. This meal is definitely very healthy, and we enjoyed it just as much as the non-healthy meals we sometimes eat. Not only that, it’s simple, and there’s a very minimal amount of cooking or chopping required.

First, make this Southwestern Black Bean Salad. It’s easy, and wonderfully fresh tasting. Amy pointed me in the direction of that website, and I’ve been drooling over the wonderful, and healthy, recipes ever since. Even Gabbie loved this, although she did separate out all the different items and made sure we got every speck of cilantro (it’s green! Get it away!) off of her plate before eating it. Plus, beans are her favorite food and one of the only non-dairy sources of protein we get in her, so this was perfect.

Then, make the following salmon recipe and serve it along side. We all ate this too, even though I don’t usually like fish and Gabbie had never eaten any before, and enjoyed it a lot.

Voila! A delicious, healthy meal is done in a hurry!

Chili-Lime Salmon

1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil

1 lb. salmon filets

Juice of ½ lime

Salt

Pepper

Chili powder

Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Squeeze lime juice over flesh side of filets. Season with salt, pepper, and a generous amount of chili powder. When pan is hot, add olive oil, and swirl to coat the pan. Add the fish, flesh side down, and cook to create a nice crust. Flip over and cook until the fish is cooked through. Serve aside Southwestern Black Bean Salad.

1 comment:

  1. That bean salad sounds amazing. And I'm totally subscribing to that Weight Watchers website so I can get ideas for what to make to help me lose the baby weight after this pregnancy is over. I'm not big on fish, either. I bet the same seasonings would be equally as delicious on chicken breasts, so I may try that! Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails