Thursday, August 20, 2009

My Best Go-To Dessert - Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Pies

For my job we do a yearly community service project. This year we’re sprucing up a rec room at a local homeless shelter, so to raise money for supplies we held a bake sale. I’m sort of known around the office for my baked goods, so I feel like I have to go all out to live up to expectations. However, I’ve also been really busy this week and came down with a horrible headache the night before, so I needed something quick, easy, and delicious. Let me just say, you can never go wrong with chocolate chip cookie pie. Since I needed something that packaged well for the bake sale, I decided to follow the lead of the ladies from Our Best Bites, and make bite-sized pies. They turned out wonderfully, and sold out first.

The full-sized pie is just as awesome, and we’re baking it again this Friday for when we have guests over. You seriously can never go wrong by making this pie for dessert. Or by topping it with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge sauce.

I used the filling from the first recipe and the technique from the second. It worked beautifully.

Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Pies

1 recipe pie crust (or one refrigerated pie crust)
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet mini chocolate morsels
1 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven 350 degrees F.

Roll out pie crust fairly thin, and use a glass or round cookie cutter, about 2.5 in diameter, to cut out small crusts. Place a crust in each cup of a mini muffin pan and press to mold to the cup.

Beat eggs in large mixer bowl on high until foamy. Beat in flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat in butter. Stir in morsels and nuts.

Fill each crust with a tablespoon of the filling. Bake for 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown. (With my messed-up oven it only took about 16 minutes, but I’m sure any normal oven (like the one we’re going to buy tonight!) will take about 20 minutes.)

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh my gosh, YUM. I can't seem to get enough chocolate chip cookies lately (I've made Martha's recipe three or four times now...in like A WEEK AND A HALF) so these are right up my alley. I'm definitely going to try them!

    Here's another version I've been salivating over for weeks:
    http://picky-palate.com/2009/07/13/hot-little-chocolate-chip-cookie-pies/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails