Friday, August 21, 2009

Dinner Party

We’re finally having a couple of friends over for dinner tonight (and to show off the new house). We’ve been wanting to have people over for a while now, but the summer has been crazy busy, and our best friends work schedules that are fairly opposite ours. However, they finally have a weekend off at the same time we do, so it’s on!

The female half of the couple is a vegetarian, so that of course had a large influence on what I decided to serve, as did the fact that our kitchen is overflowing with fresh seasonal vegetables that are so ripe they don’t last for long and need used right away. So tonight I’m serving:

*Caprese Salad

*Fresh baked foccacia

*Fried Zucchini

*Fresh Corn on the Cob

*my favorite Vinho Verde - Famega

*and for dessert – Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie a la Mode

This should be an excellent dinner. I can’t wait to eat!

1 comment:

  1. It all sounds delicious! You'll have to let us know how the foccacia turns out -- I've been wanting to try my hand at that for a while. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails