Thursday, October 8, 2009

Snickerdoodle Blondies

A while back I was trying to figure out what to bake first in my new oven, and Cassie suggested Pumpkin Pie Snickerdoodle Bars. I, not quite in the mood yet for pumpkin, but also a big fan of snickerdoodles, was intrigued. So I googled Snickerdoodle Blondies and found this. Then I made them almost immediately, before I had even gotten my new oven, because they sounded so good.
Aaron thought they were undercooked, but this is also the man who prefers his brownies cakey instead of fudgey. Obviously he's nuts.

Anyway, these were excellent, even if they were a bit undercooked (I still maintain they were fine), and my best friend, her husband, and myself finished off the pan pretty quickly. I definitely recommend that you make these right away, and maybe even have one with a nice hot chai latte. Mmmmm...I think I'm going to have to have Aaron take me to the coffee shop on Saturday after a little time making these blondies in the kitchen. With my new oven. That I love.

Snickerdoodle Blondies
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon grated or ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamona
pinch nutmeg
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch pan. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and set aside. In large bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar until fluffy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla, and beat until smooth.
Stir in the flour mixture until well blended. Spread evenly in prepared pan using a spatula. Combine the granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a little bowl; sprinkle over the top of the batter. Bake 25-30 minutes or until surface springs back when pressed lightly. Cool before cutting.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yum, those DO sound good. They're definitely going on my list to try!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails