Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Monday Meal Planning 10.5.09

I totally fail at autopublish. I should have looked at a calendar rather than depend on my mad addition skilz to figure out yesterday's date. I set this to publish tomorrow (Wednesday) instead of yesterday (Monday). Who knows what I was thinking. Anyway, here is the week's worth of meals.

Are you ready for another double-duty meal again this week? I am loving cooking this way, and I even often have enough leftovers for Aaron's lunches on top of two separate meals. It really doesn't get much better than that!

Monday: Fauxtisserie Chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans

This was so incredibly easy and delicious. Gabbie stuffed the chicken into her mouth by the handful and couldn't get enough. I actually had to cut her off, which is so odd since she usually couldn't care less about meat or flat out refuses it. We ate about half of the chicken and then saved the rest for another meal.

Tuesday: Leek, Bacon, and Pea Risotto, Salad

This was a delicious, light meal, and all three of us could have eaten much more of it than we did. We saved the leftovers for fried risotto cakes, which are on the menu for tomorrow. I'll definitely share both recipes then.

Wednesday: Tomato Pie, Fresh Cranberry Bean Salad, green salad

Elise describes this pie thusly, "Think pizza meets cheesy bread and they make-out in a pie crust." It's exactly right and oh, so delicious. I'll post the recipe with a picture and my edits later this week. Really, so, so good.

Thursday: Sloppy Joes, sweet potato fries

This is one of my favorite fall comfort foods. We top ours with some American cheese and call it good. Gabbie loves the fries, the meat, not so much.

Friday: Chicken Taquitos, chips, pico and guacamole

I made some of these with flour tortillas instead of corn, and they were great too. Aaron loves these taquitos probably more than is healthy, but they're easy and I frequently have leftover chicken I can use to whip them up, so it works for me. Even though they're slightly spicy, Gabbie still likes them too. Probably because of all the spicy foods I ate when I was pregnant (and breastfeeding too; I couldn't give it up).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails