Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday Meal Planning 10.12.09

Fall has definitely arrived here. We get to freezing or slightly below every night, I can see some gorgeous red leaves from my office windows, and it’s cold and rainy during the day. Definitely time for some comfort food!


Monday: Roasted Tomato Soup, Grilled Mozzarella Sandwiches


The soup recipe (and even some pictures!) will be coming tomorrow. I’ve been serving grilled cheese made with mozzarella with my tomato soup lately, and it’s divine. I just use shredded mozz where I would usually use a slice or two of American cheese. The soup was delicious, and just what we needed after a long day of feeling crappy. Even Gabbie ate a serving of the soup – Baby’s first soup! – and loved it.


I have leftovers of the soup today for lunch, but since grilled cheese sandwiches aren’t really good for a packed lunch, I topped the soup with some mozzarella and stirred in some cooked pasta. Another one of those two meals in one pot things. I love it!


Tuesday: Chicken Pot Pie


This takes a little while to make, but if you have frozen chopped carrots and pre-cooked chicken on hand, it definitely goes faster. The time is totally worth it, though, because it is so good.


Wednesday: Brinner! Blueberry Pancakes, Pearsauce (like applesauce but made with pears), and Bacon


I’ll post the recipes for the pancakes and pearsauce later. I’ve been craving blueberry pancakes like mad lately, and with all the frozen blueberries we have in the freezer (my mom went picking and brought me a gallon bag full) I can make these any time! As for the pears, we have a pear tree in our back yard and had a huge crop this year (bigger than normal according to our neighbors) so I’ve been making pear puree, pear desserts, and soon: pear butter. The pears are wonderfully sweet, and even I, who usually doesn’t like pears, am a fan. Yum!


Thursday: Buffalo Chicken Joes, Cole Slaw, Potato Chips


Easy and delicious. I’m totally craving it right now, actually.


Friday: Out.
I have been craving a good steak, and since we don’t have a grill (yet), it’s out to the neighborhood steakhouse instead. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous of your pear tree! We had one at our house growing up and my mom made delicious pear treats all the time. I can't wait for you to post all your pear recipes, because I LOVE pears!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails