Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ravioli Soup

My husband tells me I'm a crazy person, but I persevere. Why does he say this? It's all because I eat soup year round. In fact, you'll frequently find me eating soup for lunch every day of every week, even the hottest weeks. It's my favorite food. I can't help it!

A while back there was a recipe site on the now-defunct Club Mom, and the author shared a recipe for Ravioli Soup that has become one of my favorites. Since the site no longer exists (and I can't remember what it was - let me know if you do), and I can't find the recipe anywhere else online, I thought I'd post it here. (With my edits, of course)

Ravioli Soup
1 package turkey sausage patties 
2 cloves garlic, minced 
32 oz. beef broth
1 (9 oz.) package cheese ravioli
1 1/2 c. frozen cut green beans
1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
Salt and pepper to taste

Prepare ravioli according to package instructions.

In a large soup pot, cook the sausage; drain if necessary. In the grease left clinging to the bot, saute the garlic for one minute, but do not allow to brown. Add the tomatoes with their juice and beef broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; stir in green beans. Heat through. Add salt and pepper to taste (I rarely need much of either). 

Add a few ravioli to each bowl. Top with soup. Serve with grated parmesan cheese and a crusty loaf of bread alongside. 

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so easy and delicious! I love me some soup, too, any time of year!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails