Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Dinner: Solved!

I've been attending a conference the past two days which has me waking up at an ungodly hour at which no one should be awake (4 AM) and driving for a couple hours, then talking to people all day, and driving back a couple hours blasting the air conditioning and music to stay awake. To say I'm exhausted is a bit of an understatement.

For this reason, I had to find something quick and easy for dinner tonight (I forgot about the conference when I planned meals, so our plans didn't quite work out). I saw this recipe for Taco Joes on Foodie with Family a few weeks back and have been wanting to try it ever since. As Cassie said when I shared the recipe with her, I was convinced when I saw the avocado.

Basically this is a taco-flavored sloppy joe that you top with taco toppings. I made it tonight and it was one of the simplist, most flavorful meals I've made. We topped ours with sliced avocado and a slice of american cheese. I'm so glad Rebecca shared this recipe!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't made these yet, but it sounds like I really, really need to. These next few days are going to be pretty busy, so it just may be the perfect quick and easy meal. Thanks again for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails