Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday Meal Planning 3.5.12

Yeah, March! I'm so excited March is here that I can hardly stand it. Even if it is only twenty-some degrees outside. Spring is so near I can feel it (in my sinuses, but still)!

So, today's meal planning post is going to be a memory test for me, which I really need, seeing as I actually forgot to put on makeup today (this is when having my own office I can hide in comes in extra handy), and I left Sophie's lunch in Gabbie's locker, causing the daycare staff to have to call me and then track it down (I felt like I was forgetting something). I also forgot to bring my paper with my meal plan on it with me today, so I'm doing this all from memory. In other words, so far today I'm doing totally awesome, thanks for asking.

On to the plan!

Monday: Tacos/taco salad

No one was feeling pizza last Friday so we decided on quesadillas instead. I still have about 3/4 of the taco meat I made for the quesadillas leftover, plus an avocado, so tacos were the natural choice for dinner tonight. I'm trying to up my vegetable intake, so I'll be the one indulging in a yummy taco salad.

Tuesday:  Mini bow-tie pasta with chicken sausage, broccoli, onions, carrots, and green pepper

Basically an Italian-style twist on a stir-fry. I'll probably toss in some butter and parmesan as well.

Wednesday: I can't remember! I tried, really I did. I'll edit this later, maybe.

Thursday: Pasta bolognese, salad, bread

I still have enough bolognese sauce in the freezer for one more meal, so we're digging in this week. Mmmm....

Friday: Pizza, carrots

This meal, as listed above, is exactly what Gabbie asked for when given the chance to pick a meal. So we're going with it, even if she is mad at me that this is not what we're having tonight. In fact, this morning our conversation went thusly:

Gabbie: What are we having for dinner tonight?
Me: Tacos
Gabbie: Um, how about pizza. Pizza and carrots
Me: Sorry, Babe. That's what we're having on Friday.
Gabbie: How about we have it tonight.
Me: (trying not to laugh) It takes a while to make the pizza, so that's why we're having it on Friday. We have to have a quick dinner tonight because of dance class.
Gabbie: *pouts*

Saturday: Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes

I'll share this recipe next week. It's amazing!

Sunday: (brunch) Bacon and mushroom omelet, sourdough toast, fruit salad

This is what I want most of all this week. It may end up as a dinner instead of brunch if I find I can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. Gabbie is hilarious. That sounds so much like something Andrew would say (and has said). All of this food sounds so delicious! Hopefully your afternoon goes more smoothly than your morning has so far!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails