Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday Meal Planning 3.12.12

Holy $*&% it's the middle of March already! This month is flying by! With lots of excitment and much warmer weather and everything! We even fired up the grill last night!

I'm excited, can you tell?

Here's what we're eating this week:

Monday: Mediterranean turkey paninis (grilled cheese for the kiddos) and zucchini fries

I subscribed to Taste of  Home recently, and this recipe from the January/February issue really stood out to me on my first look-through. The zucchini "fries" are my attempt to get the kids to eat zucchini. We'll see how it works.

Tuesday: Conga Lime Pork, corn tortillas

We have a parent-teacher conference tomorrow night, so I thought it would be the perfect night for a crock pot meal. I can't wait to try this one!

Wednesday: Sicilian-style Cauliflower with pasta, chopped salad

The kiddos will get plain noodles and cauliflower on the side, while I think that Aaron and I will enjoy the heck out of this vegetarian main dish. The only thing I'm doing differently is using regular pasta, as my family has boycotted whole wheat pasta.

Thursday: Macaroni and Cheese, chicken sausage, broccoli

I have a work event this night, so I planned something that Aaron could easily make, and the girls would be guaranteed to eat. I made macaroni and cheese last Friday and Sophie ate 1/2 the box. She never eats food, so look for mac and cheese to be on our list at least once a week for the forseable future so that I can ensure she will eat at least one full meal a week.

Friday: Cheeseburger pizza, chopped salad

For less than a year, there was a pizza place down the street that made the BEST bacon cheeseburger pizza I've ever had. It was one of my favorite pizzas ever, so of course the store didn't stick around for long. (There's a local pizza store in town that pretty much dominates the pizza business here, so other places don't tend to last long as a rule.) This is my attempt to recreate that pizza. (Think: a thin layer of sauce, hamburger, bacon, onions (fried in bacon grease), and cheddar/jack cheese. So good!)

Saturday: Lamb stew, Irish soda bread

I'm still reviewing recipes and haven't decided on one yet, but I'm looking forward to this St. Patty's Day dinner.

Sunday: (Brunch) Cinnamon Rolls, scrambled eggs, bacon, fruit salad

I would eat this meal every day if it weren't so horrible for me. I absolutely adore breakfast food!

Toddler/Preschooler Lunch Ideas

I thought I'd revive this part of my meal plan, because I found I need to put more thought into lunches for my girls to not eat.

Monday: Silver dollar pancakes, strawberry jam, yogurt, banana
Tuesday: Cheese, sliced turkey, crackers, apple sauce
Wednesday: English muffin pizzas, steamed broccoli, peaches
Thursday: Quesadillas with cheddar, turkey, and mashed sweet potatoes
Friday: Leftover mac & cheese, broccoli, banana

1 comment:

  1. Awesome menu this week. I pretty much want to make every single thing on it. That cauliflower pasta looks fantastic.

    I really do like the toddler meal portion of your plan. It always gives me good ideas for the boys. Like I never would've thought to send them pancakes for their lunch, but that is GENIUS, and they would LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails