Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday Meal Planning 3.19.12

We are one day away from the official start of spring, and I could not be happier about it. I expected today to be a pretty crappy day for myriad reasons, but that one fact alone (plus it's 70-some degrees and sunny out) have made up for a good chunk of those reasons, and my mood is fantastic!

On to the food!

Monday: Homemade Spaghetti-os, Large Chopped Salad (for the adults) and steamed broccoli (for the kiddos)
This weather has me craving a big, vegetable-filled salad for dinner, but that absolutely won't fly for the little ones. I've been wanting to see how Sophie takes to the homemade spaghetti-os (perhaps we'll have one more meal to add to her limited repertoire of acceptable meals), so it fits perfectly.

Tuesday: Taco Rice

If you haven't tried this yet, do it. It's so, so good. I'm actually making it with ground turkey instead of beef this week. My family hardly notices the difference, and we're starting a weight-loss/fitness competition at work, so our meals are about to get healthier (for the most part).

Wednesday: Chinese Style Slow Cooked Pork Chops, rice pilaf, broccoli

Wednesday afternoon I have a meeting that is notorious for running late, so I'm planning ahead for once this week and doing dinner in the crock pot. I've made these once before and the family loves them, plus pork chops were on sale this week. It's a win all around!

Thursday: Grilled chicken sandwiches, sweet potato fries, fruit

It's supposed to stay nice all week, so I'm going to declare that Grilling Season has officially begun.

Friday: Twice Baked Potatoes, Steak Bites, wedge salad

I made these potatoes a couple of weeks ago, trading out the green onions I didn't have on hand for diced onion fried in bacon fat. They. Were. Divine. I can't wait to make them again.
Saturday: Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos, Cilantro Lime Rice

These are a family favorite, and perfect for watching the big game (Go State!)
Sunday: Brunch TBD

I ordered the Pioneer Woman's newest cook book, so I'll probably make something out of there.

1 comment:

  1. I know, this WEATHER. Isn't it unbelievable?! It's amazing how my mood just immediately improves all-around when the weather warms up.

    And that taco rice is so incredibly delicious. I'm so glad you discovered it, so I could discover it through you. We love it so much!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails