Sunday, June 7, 2009

Mom's Asparagus

As I was growing up, if you wanted to gross me out you could have simply put asparagus in front of me. I hated that grassy-flavored stuff that makes your pee smell. Then, somewhere along the line, I started to like it, and this recipe was a big part of that. Now I could eat it plain, steamed, but I still go back to this recipe from time to time, because there's no denying the deliciousness.

Mom's Asparagus

3 T. butter
2 T. brown sugar
a large bunch of asparagus, chopped into 2-inch pieces
1 c. chicken broth

In a large sautee pan, melt butter and add the brown sugar. Cook until sugar is dissolved. Add the asparagus and sautee 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer 2 to 4 minutes. Remove asparagus to a serving dish and cook sauce until reduced to half the original volume. Pour over asparagus and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails