Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Food and Kitchen Stuff

I’m taking a pass on this week’s meal planning post. I just don’t have it together enough to post it, plus we’re only cooking at home twice this week because it’s an extra crazy pre-Holiday week with out of town guests galore and fun plans with friends for Friday night.

We have made some excellent meals lately, though, and I’ll share some recipes this week, including Aaron’s favorite stuffed zucchini, eggplant parmesan, and a couple of new ways we’ve been eating fresh corn. As you can see, we’re still making the most out of our CSA veggies. There are only about 6 more weeks of the CSA, and boy howdy, I’m going to miss it when it’s done!

In other food (/kitchen) news, our new refrigerator and range get delivered next Tuesday, and I am so excited I can hardly stand it! The current versions of those appliances that we have in our kitchen are 20+ years old, and I have been feeling the desperate need to get them out of there since we moved in to the house. Thankfully, Aaron has had some frustrations with them too lately and that spurred him on to the store to get new appliances. I only have one issue – what do I cook and bake first? What should be the inaugural dishes prepared with our new range? Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Oooh! Lasagna and apple pie. (Sorry...I may be projecting my cravings onto you.) But we did christen our new kitchen with a big pan of lasagna, which just felt...right.

    The number one thing I'm dying to try this fall is right here:

    http://meganscookin.blogspot.com/2009/08/when-snickerdoodle-blondie-meets.html

    I really don't think those could POSSIBLY be bad, so they may be an excellent choice for you.

    Enjoy your crazy week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails